Tuesday, November 9, 2010

90 Second Fitness, Week 1 Day 1

Today I made it back to the gym after a few weeks of recovery.
This break was triggered by 2 weeks of cold, and then just some extra recovery.

Last night I got my gym clothes together and thought about what I wanted to accomplish today.

I had re-read Pete Cerqua's 90 Second Fitness, and decided that would be a fun study.

The Wall Sit is one of my favorite exercises (because it really makes a huge impact).
I wanted to do what he recommends and take that concept into the gym.

There were 9 guys upstairs on the weights racing through their reps with various degrees of attention/form.

I did one rep in slow motion pressing 90 lbs on the leg press. That one rep, held for 10 seconds at 2" intervals took more effort than the faster sets of eight I had been building up to. The lateral pull down with 70 lbs was challenging, but not impossible. 70 lb seated cable row also really just got into the muscle and took every ounce of focus.

I got out of the gym in about 20 minutes, and I feel good about heading to the gym tomorrow and playing it by ear.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment