Monday, June 7, 2010

Back On Track

Today I got up at 5:40 and slipped into my gym clothes. Packed my work clothes in a bag and hightailed it out of Antioch before the morning gridlock.

I stopped in Lafayette at the grocery store. I skipped Peet's to save time and temptation. At the grocery store I didn't use a basket, so I was limited to what I could carry. I got Blueberries, Romaine Lettuce, Broccoli and Carrots, an Apple an Avocado, and a can of Butternut Squash Soup (200 calories) by Amy's Organic. With healthy food in toe made it through the tunnel and into the gym lot just after 7.

Elliptical machine for 30 minutes, went 6 miles an hour, walked 3 miles and burned 400 calories.

Then oatmeal for breakfast with handful of blueberries.

An apple for a snack around 10.

Lunch was 6" Veggie Delight from Subway (yes to all veggies on whole wheat no to cheese, dressings etc) I added 1/2 the avocado and a splash of balsamic vinegar (5 calories) with a bowl of soup.

Dinner was amazing - salad with cucumbers and homemade stew with carrots, onion, tomato, celery, and red meat -- which I needed because I hadn't had enough protein. (thank you Eric, you are amazing)

Then I had a banana and a few small squares of dark chocolate for dessert.

Feel like I had a good day full of lots of healthy choices...thought I'd share and see if anyone else is trying to get re-motivated.

Already planning on walking at the gym tomorrow and have my gym clothes in the dryer ready for round 2.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJune 07, 2010

    thanks Jennifer :) I really like your blog. I'm going to be 40 this year and have a goal to be in the best mind/body/spirit condition of my life. I know it's been forever that I owe you some graphics and I can't wait to show what's "cooking"
    ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete