Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Kind Of Person Who...

Would you like to be the kind of person who is naturally slender. The kind of person who enjoys exercise and looks forward to 30 minutes of exercise as part of their daily ritual? All the things you wish could come easily and naturally to you are the things you want to start believing in.

Visualization is a word I used to shy away from.

But when I was little I lived in the world of imagining what I wanted my life to be like.

As we get older we stop saying, "When I grow up I want to be..."

So, I invite you to spend a few minutes day dreaming about what your life would be like if it were a little bit better than it is now. Maybe, nothing would be different but you'd feel more at peace with yourself. Maybe, you'd be ten pounds lighter or able to lift 50 pounds more easily.

Whatever those things are that you want, imagine yourself already having them. What if you had already figured out how to make it happen? Not focusing on how you did it -- just knowing that you did. Then, what if you can think of something that person would have done to get there.

This week, I am thinking about: every other day treats. I did the no treats for 10 days, and I made it 6 days... and then, well... you know how it goes.

So, now I am thinking one day at a time. If I did really well on one day, and good on the next, and then really well the day after that -- over the course of a year I'd see a lot of improvement.

Just an idea. It might not work. But if it does, then I will be that much closer to living the life of my dreams in the best shape of my life. And that is worth the exercise in seeing if I can indeed make my dreams come true easily and enjoyably.

Happily ever after isn't a passive thing -- it is a conscious choice and a way of being in the world.

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment