Sunday, March 7, 2010

Breakfast, My New Favorite Morning Ritual



I love eating a healthy delicious breakfast in the morning. First thing in the morning, I don't like to have to put a lot of effort into doing anything. I like to wake up slowly and not have to think too hard about what I am doing. Reading a recipe first thing in the morning isn't my idea of fun. So, naturally my favorite breakfast is something that involves just a few simple steps.

Step One, put water in the kettle, and boil the water.
Step Two, get a measuring cup and measure out 1/2 a cup of Rolled Oats.
Step Three, once the water has boiled, pour 1 cup of boiling water over the oats and cover with a plate for 10 minutes.

This morning, being a Sunday, I didn't have to rush to get out the door, so I took my time adding the wonderful extras that make this simple hearty dish a real delight.

I sliced some fresh strawberries, sliced a banana lengthwise and dolloped some little spoonfuls of Almond Butter with flaxseed, sliced 1/4 of an apple, and added 7 almonds to the plate while the oats "cooked" in the gorgeous Murano glass style bowl.

I added a picture of the sliced fruit and nuts to the blog, so you can see how lovely it looks.



The oats taste completely different from the glue that I used to eat when adding hot water to "instant" oats. Measuring out the 1/2 cup is easy and I can do this myself for the upcoming week, so I have them at work if I am trying to beat the rush-hour traffic down highway four to the bay.

Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet Recharged! was my inspiration for this cooking method. Eating Clean is something that I have been testing out over the past week, and I am definitely in the "honeymoon" phase of this eating plan. I love how I feel, I am glowing, my hair is shining, my nails are stronger, I am feeling energized with a calm strength that makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. That and good food too, amazing.

Happy Eating!
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Is that the beautiful blue murano bowl from Peet's? I love having my oats in mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a Crate & Barrel purchase. The bowl is opaque white, but the lighting shows off how many colors that glass can pick up. It was almost identical to the Murano glass Peet's used to carry. Liz actually sent me a link because she knows it is one of my weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete