Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Loving Yourself Exactly As You Are Now

I have come to recognize this truth: by loving yourself exactly as you are now, you make the journey to where you'd rather be joyful and easy.

The more you love and respect yourself the more you will find it preferable to treat yourself really well. Your definition of what "really well" means will evolve.

For me, that means eating much different foods, and treating myself so much better than I did when I was trying to hate myself thin. I did it, I hated myself down about 60 pounds, but eventually I had to stop, it was just too miserable living without (fill in the blank) -- it doesn't matter what plan I was following at the time, Atkins, or Jenny Craig, or Weight Watchers. I didn't follow any of them as intended and I took the information and processed it through my wonderful mind. Unfortunately I really believed that losing weight was hard and painful, and boy, I did not disappoint myself.

This is where I spent a decade on what they call the yo-yo diet. I think it should be renamed the you vs. you diet. The you that wants to feel good now, and the you that wants to change. Only by getting these two desires into alignment working together can you succeed.

This is a good thing, you can stop playing tug of war with yourself and put that extra energy toward your goal -- when you do that it is like you have super powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment