Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 2 of 31

Today's Recap Sunday January 2, 2011

Here is how today went:
1) Start every morning with a glass of water
I hadn't grabbed a sip of water before walking into my favorite coffee shop this morning. I ordered my small coffee to go, but I also asked for a large glass of water. I finished the entire 20 oz cup of water before taking my first sip of coffee.

2) Eat real food.
So far today I have had a head of romaine lettuce, an Odwalla Superfood, and some homemade soup that included a tiny bit of pork and a lot of bean sprouts, mushrooms, zucchini, with a hint of oyster sauce for a mu shu inspired flavor. Then I had my granny smith apple and a cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice.

3) Do 25 sit ups every day.
I got my sit ups out of the way first thing this morning. I decided to have a bath, and did 25 quick sit ups while letting the tub fill. It felt good to get it out of the way first thing. Then, later today, I did another 25, and now as I recap the rest of my day I think I will do 25 more. The great thing about sit ups for me is they help me feel full. That followed by a glass of water and I will be ready for bed.

4) Walk, move, step, march, dance etc for 20 minutes every day.
This is a great thing to get out of the way first thing in the morning. It's 1:49 and I haven't done this yet -- it's cold outside. I think a twenty minute dance party is in order with the kids at 2:00 pm. Was able to get 11 minutes of "dance walking" with my son before he melted down. That is how it goes sometimes when you have toddlers. So, I found my Leslie Sansone "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD and according to her mileage tracker for "Get Up and Get Started" I walked 1 mile in 20 minutes. I think I usually go about 1 mile in 14 minutes, but it doesn't matter -- it is more important that I was moving for 20 minutes. My three year old daughter did a few minutes of the exercise routine with me. I had ten pound weights in each hand, she had the little cute one pound purple weights. It is important to me that my children see exercise as a part of daily life.

5) Eat 1 fruit every day.
Done. See above, real food.

6) Eat 4 vegetables every day.
Done. See above, real food. Also, for dinner I had a 1/2 cup of kidney beans and a whole avocado cubed with a little lemon juice. It was delicious and very satisfying. I replaced my evening beer with a glass of carrot/celery juice that Eric made in the new juicer. Then I have been reaching for celery sticks instead of my dark chocolates. It is definitely the beginning of the honeymoon phase because these things feel easy to do. It's like trading up to a better choice and it feels good.

7) Get at least seven of hours sleep every night.
Planning on getting up at 5:30 tomorrow so my bed time should be 10:00 to make sure I get my full seven hours. I may even call bedtime an hour earlier if I feel sleepy and my son is ready for bed. Some days you can just tell everyone is exhausted, and going to sleep is the best answer to the tantrums and whining that can start to creep over the household at the end of the night.

Additional Notes - I decided to copy the Daily Tracker for the next 5 days so I am set up for success Monday through Friday. A small cheat sheet of the seven simple tasks for my purse and I am ready to face the work week.

1-02 Sunday Daily Plan, Day 2 - achieved all goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment