Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Treadmill - Day 4 of 6 picking up speed/distance

Yesterday I overslept. I must have turned the alarm off, but I have no conscious memory of that. When I looked at the clock I knew I had blown my perfect 6 days in a row.

I briefly contemplated calling in sick, but quickly ruled that out. Although perfection can be a heady temptation.

This morning I was back on track. I woke up and got on the road by 5:45 and made it to the gym by 7:00.

I put on a great mix of music to keep me moving:
Indigo Girls - Dairy Queen, this song is great for warming up.
Simon & Garfunkel - A Hazy Shade of Winter -- it was so fast and relentless I listened to it twice, getting up to walking at 3.5 miles an hour.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand - great for a good strong stride
The Amps - Empty Glasses - which always cracks me up "where's my waitress? where's my other shoe..."
I was so happy and before I knew it an hour had gone by -- and I wasn't treading along or tuning out. I was focusing on getting the most out of each step. It is amazing how just simply paying attention can change something boring and tedious into an adventure/joy.

I walked/ran over 3 miles and burned over 600 calories, and am planning for Day 5 tomorrow.

What music do you like to listen to when you work out?
Post a comment and share some inspiration!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment