Thursday, September 30, 2010

Week 3 - Day 5 of 6 Treadmill - 1000+ calories burned

Today was great.

I got up at 4:50 am and was on the road by 5:15 -- and then, traffic. Ah, fellow travelars on the road out of Antioch -- please sleep in tomorrow so I can high tale it out of here!

Made it to the gym near my work and got on the treadmill. You know the drill. 15% incline, and go! I was walking at a brisk pace and tried out the Prevention Magazine Interval Training free iTunes download. Awful music, but compelling to have someone saying, "Okay now the music is going to speed up for the first 60 second high speed interval." and then, "Only 15 seconds to go!". The first interval I ran at 4.5 miles, second interval 5.0, and third interval briefly ran at 6.0 then slowed back down to 5.5. What I love about this is 1) you can do almost anything for 60 seconds... and 2) if 5.0 feels fast, and you go 6.0, suddenly 5.5 doesn't feel so bad.

I listened to Podrunner "Dark Designs" also free on iTunes, and then at 600 calories burned hit stop and went upstairs to the weights. I love the weight room upstairs at Emeryville InShape. It is a brick building with exposed brick, high ceilings and skylights. There are windows on three sides, and you can see the sun rise over the train station. There were four guys upstairs lifting weights and they left me alone. I went to the Lat Pull down and did drop sets. 15 reps at 55lbs, then 15 at 50 lbs (the first one at 60 by mistake - ouch) and then 20 reps at 45. Then took a quick rest and did the same weight /reps Rowing. It felt good. Then, over to the leg press and it was already set at 90 lbs, and I haven't done those in a while, so I just stuck with that 10 x 3 sets.
Then back to the treadmill for another 400 calories brisk walking.

At the end of that I felt good. Not exhausted just awake and strong.

Tomorrow I will wrap up day 6 of 6 and then will kick off Week 4 on Saturday.
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment