Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 2 - Day 1 of 6 Treadmill

Woke up at 5:50 and headed to the gym. In Shape Gym has many locations and I have one at the bottom of the hill and one near my work.

I prefer the upstairs at the work gym, it usually has low music and sometimes the two TVs aren't even turned on.

Today I set the pace at 2.5 miles and started re-reading Karen Andes' "A Woman's Book Of Strength" Karen Andes' book is categorized as "Fitness/Spirituality". I was trying to figure out if she still co-owns Gold's Gym. I couldn't find that answer but I did find this nice quote, "The reason I call the dumbbell a spiritual tool," says Andes, "is it makes us stronger through resistance training. We meet resistance in many areas of life -- work, marriage, even traffic jams. By facing resistance physically, you learn to deal with it otherwise. You can flow to it gracefully and not dread it or fight it. In doing so, you learn much more about yourself."

After 3 chapters, I ran for a little while at 4 miles an hour, and then finished my 600 calorie workout by walking at 3.5 miles an hour.

Day 1: An hour, 600+ calories, 2.39 miles, and off to a great start for the day.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment