Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Treadmill Day 5 of 6 plus Strength Training

Today was awesome! Got to the gym by 6:45, incline Treadmill at max 15% for 60 minutes. I went over 3 miles and did run a little at 4.5 miles an hour. Then, I had a little time left to lift some weights. Lateral Pull Downs 3 sets of 15 reps at 55 lbs, and then Seated Cable Row, at this point I had been exercising over an hour, so I set the weight at 40 and did 3 sets of 20.

Most of the walking today was really a hybrid march. There is a difference when you lift your feet up. I haven't had cable in a few years, so without Style Channel I never randomly stumble upon models walking down the runway, but I have noticed that they do kind of pick their feet up and stomp down the walk (or at least that was a style about 6 years ago).

At 9:45 I finally realized I should eat something. I grabbed a power boost smoothie at Jamba Juice (en-route to a meeting). I only drank 1/2 of the "Sixteen" which is their small. I must be allergic to a pesticide they spray on berries. I thought it was just Blackberries and Raspberries, but I started having the same reaction with the Strawberries, so I am pretty much out of options at Jamba - which isn't a bad thing. If I could completely re-invent their menu to have actual good choices without sugary juice it would be so much fun.

Lunch was chicken breast (skinless) with roasted onion, carrot, sweet potato, and green beans and lettuce. Complements to the chef. I didn't marry a chef on purpose, I just totally lucked out.

Jen

1 comment: